Thursday, December 7, 2017

Life@NCTU

                 NCTU



         




                                             

My life at National Chiao Tung University(NCTU)  http://www.nctu.edu.tw/en

The main reason for going to university is to get an academic qualification, but personally, I think that the social side of things and developing as a person are equally important. The good thing about university life is that you are left to your own devices, unlike school, where you're told what to do and how to do it. It's important to socialize and meet new friends. It takes some people longer than others. If a student has any problems, about anything, there's student counselling available at all universities, where they try and help out as much as possible.
People go to university for a variety of reasons: it might be for a degree, or it is simply the next step in life, or your parents expect it of you, or you want to make the most out of life. Whatever the reason, the university experience is different for everyone.
When I moved to university in NCTU, I knew how limited Food shops would be.
I have learned and experienced so many new things in such a short period of time, and it has gone by so fast. I am still discovering all the opportunities that university offers me. NCTU is a very welcoming place, and from the first day, I felt at home here. I have made many new friends from many different backgrounds. There are polish, Indonesian, Vietnamese, and Japanese students on my floor in residence and that has allowed me an insight into their cultures. Particularly, from my own country I have got a chance to meet different state people and learnt many things about their culture and tradition.
My classes are great and I enjoy every one of them, especially Computers. The depth and detail of what we are leaning is far beyond my high school experience. It is just amazing to think that even the tiniest details on the subatomic level can have such a huge impact. My Lab class is also interesting because it is programming language. In high school we discussed basic concepts of programming language, but now we are relating them to high level. It has made me realize how everything  is related to study. That is probably the best part of university. It introduces so many new concepts that changes our view of the world. I am also taking introductory Chinese, which I greatly enjoy. Learning a new language is challenging but it is very rewarding. The course load is intense, so time management is key.
Time has been flying by and it’s hard to believe that we have been on campus for one year already. Life at National Chiao Tung University is a great experience that I plan to make the most out of.

EECS- International Graduate Program:


                          eecs

Here is my department EECS International Graduate Program   is one such program that offers graduate/PhD degrees in the field on electrical engineering and computer science. In Taiwan education is imparted in Chinese language but the international program’s courses are taught in English that gives a good opportunity to students from across the globe to explore Taiwan’s education system and ongoing academic research.
The General Board expects faculties and departments to have explicit and effective arrangements for:
  • obtaining and considering student opinion;
  • acting upon it as appropriate;
  • Providing prompt and detailed feedback to students on the outcomes of the consideration of their feedback.

EECS-IGP Gaurdians:

                              24879275_2041927279373519_746330498_o
                               Project Manager:Angel Yu  Executive Assistant: Iris Shih
                           
Here are our EECS-IGP Project Manager Angel Yu and Executive Assistant Iris Shih. They help us a lot even if we get small question they will clarify our questions with in no time. In my situation they both help me in clearing my confusions and helped me in getting tuition wavier in hard times and they keep on monitoring individual situations in profession and in person. They also help us in getting assistant ship.
They arrange get to gather parties to know about students each other.

NCTU-EECS -IGP Gathering:

Semester End Party:

104
It's Party Time!!!

Every semester we have gatherings. Since during semester we are busy with projects and research. So, this semester farewell is like boosting our friendship and making good relations. We enjoy dance, and many more cultural events and share our semester’s experiences which would help others to learn many things in subject and personal life too.

Lucky draw Gifts:

           Angel                                                                               Revealing the Name

           party 10                                         
                                Hey,he got a gift.WOW!!!

Though school provides the financial aid and some assistant ship programs to overcome our expenditure and our parties. But getting a lucky draw really it makes a good day and brings lot of smiles on our faces and good memory too. In lucky draw we don’t see the prize or the value of the gift. We just enjoy the moment of happiness with love..

Wow Mouth watering  cakes and Delicious Food:


            mid 201711

           party 4
Of course I can see you are interested to eat this cake. Come to NCTU explore your future and have fun with cakes

          party 12
         One of my favorite  foods.Where I can't stop myself having the food...        

           salad
                                              Salad...

           









Friends enjoying their food at the same time posing for camera.. 
   On the other side funny games










Hahaha!!! I can’t stop writing here my opinion. Though food is necessary but experiencing a variety of foods at the parties with friends and non-faculty.

If you love food, this place is for you!

I have the amazing and delicious food. These parties have an incredible food culture, and in welcome parties, there seems to be a never ending supply of delicious and interesting foods to try.

One of the best things about eating in gatherings is that there are many different types of Chinese, Asian, UK, and even Japanese food influences in the party’s. And along with local Taiwanese dishes, you’ll find famous restaurants dishes from around continental China.

Additionally, Taiwan is one of the world leaders when it comes to night markets… there are so many different night markets throughout Taipei that offer both shopping and an opportunity to walk around and feast.

Startups with drink:

             part 1                 
     The party with startup removes the barrier between us
                          

All together in One frame:

            party 2 
              Like a family we all become a family of friends without bearing the      position. We are a family

As usual Students Discussion:

             party 3

We have a great community like not only sharing the happiness. The NCTU Discussion room helps and encourages us to break our Ideas on the same dias we get lot of help to scrutinize the idea for a great innovation. These Ideas may be personal or it can be useful for social mankind. The more we speak and mingle with the community the greater Ideas are generated. We don’t know it can change the world..

Beautiful angels:

             party 5                   
              What a performance and costumes...loved it..

Many cultural programs at the event not only escalate our energy but we do learn may tradition with in a single event.

             party 6                    
            Looks this costume is different and sexy. Hence I gave a pose

             party 7                       
                                       This gallery with my best buddies though...


             party 8               
Some pictures without me. But I like the way they do pose for a picture

My Beautiful Angel:

              party 9

              24992895_2041939869372260_1497288411_o

Here I have to take some time. These angels have a beautiful charisma not only on their faces but deep in their hearts. I sometimes envy on their problem solving skills. I love them deep to my heart. I know that it’s really a hard job but after seeing them I set my goal in future to take a part in such administration. Student with difficulties only know how we feel relaxed after meeting this beauties.We are a fans to her smile too...


Dance:

                 party 11


Library : http://www.lib.nctu.edu.tw/


                 Lib 1                                                                              http://www.lib.nctu.edu.tw/

Here is our library. This is the  place where I feel more comfortable to read books and papers.
The library is open 24/7 during term time and is so useful. There are several different types of learning areas, silent study, group study, group study rooms that you can book and single-use corrals for complete quiet and concentration. I have used all of these areas for different types of work and they have been really helpful.
                lib
This is the place where I feel more comfortable in reading books. We can borrow books, video cassettes .Usually I used borrow iPad from Library and to read  papers we need to return with in a week.In my opinion I feel the best and big library feel pleasant.

NCTU Lake:

                  lake

One of my favorite place I used to go when I feel lonely and disturbed. Here when I see different colors fish feel more relaxed and likes to feed them .when I feed them they are more anxious to catch food

NCTU Shuttle Bus:


                    stop

Here is our shuttle bus .Usually I take bus to go University.I feel  comfortable when I go by  bus to home...

NCTU Dining Hall:

              


                  

Here is our dining hall.Open seating helps promote gathering and communication for larger groups of students. A wide view of the dining facility also helps students feel more engaged with the larger campus community.Food is a natural way for people to come together, and the successful dining facilities of the future will offer a place where students and faculty can eat, learn, collaborate and relax together in a variety of environments.Where we all have lunch dinner etc,, Here we also get drinks and beverages.We can find all kinds of food.Here we also get vegetarian food which is good for health . Price is reasonable 


NCTU Ground:

                   ground

Here is our ground. Mostly I prefer this ground to do workout.And  many people come to this ground to make work out..

NCTU Chinese Laguage: http://www.ia.nctu.edu.tw/files/11-1000-203.php


                    Ch1









One of my favorite class, I love to attend Chinese and learn Chinese language
I really enjoyed my classes and the service is great. My Chinese improved a lot and everyone at Easy Mandarin made me feel like part of the family. Xie xie EasyMandarin!
I enjoyed Chinese classes and will definitely continue learning. I loved my teacher!
I couldn’t be happier with the progress I’ve made. The class was perfect for my level, my teacher was fantastic and I really enjoyed meeting other students. My only wish is that I could stay longer!
Not only are the classes helping me to communicate with Chinese people, I am also getting to know other foreigners living in University (NCTU).

Computer Network Center: http://www.it.nctu.edu.tw/

                      itsc

Here is our computer and network center.The open lab is exclusively  for student walk-in use. When I get problem with my laptop usually I come here  to solve the problem.Here we also have computer lab where we can make us computer.When I have joined the university I didn't had a laptop.Usually I used to go to this place to prepare for my course work.

Swimming Pool: http://sport.sa.nctu.edu.tw/?lang=en









When the day I saw the pool infrastructure I have decided to join the swimming pool and kept a goal of myself to learn swimming and fight with water with love.After continuous efforts now I can swim and get relaxed..


NCTU GYM: http://sport.sa.nctu.edu.tw/?lang=en


                  gym 1                                    
                  gym 2.jpg

Here is our GYM. Loved it so far! Spacious with a lot of equipment with good music. Overall modern, doesn't feel crowded even when there are a lot of people. Great gym and lovely place and very helpful staff...Where I usually go for gym to make my body fit. I used to enjoy more when I go for gym...

I have had a lot of experiences at NCTU, to say the very least. My past year here have been filled with just about every kind of feeling one can get out of life: fulfillment, loneliness, wonder, sadness, joy, and even love. This place is more than just a  university filled with students and professors engaged in the circle of formal education. It is a place where one learns to establish one’s identity, to adapt to challenge, and to ultimately grow into a mature adult. But only if you let it change you, that is.
Out of high school, I felt that I already knew everything I really needed to know out of life. I was independent, self-sufficient, and optimistic enough to get through thirteen years of public education, after all. However, I slowly learned that college was not like that. At all. Here I was treated like a full-grown adult, even during freshmen year, and my peers expected me to act like they would. The presence of my youthful energy just simply wouldn’t be enough to guarantee my success in graduating from here. Like an animal in the jungle or a fish in the ocean, I had to adapt to the environment around me in order to survive and prosper. The foundation Greek philosopher and teacher Socrates once said that “the only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing”. Without a doubt, this is the single idea that led me to where I am today.
All of those long nights cramming for exams, all of those group projects, all of those long lectures, all of those scholarship applications, all of those students and professors that I grew relationships with… they all amount to the degree I will be receiving next semester. So now I advise to you, whoever you may be, to never lose hope while you are in university. The university degree itself will not make you a better person; it is merely a piece of paper with a few cents worth of ink printed onto it. Even the extra money you’ll be earning will not be enough to make you feel fulfilled. What will make you a better person is the accumulation of all of your “micro-victories” throughout your university career: the A you made on that computer paper, that study buddy/ friend you made in Chinese class, and even that off-hand compliment you received from your professor after class. This is what makes a college experience truly rewarding.

 





1 comment:

  1. Hi,I amSmriti and I have received an admission offer in Masters Program from NCTU Taiwan. I wish that someone could help me with information.
    Can you help me?

    ReplyDelete

Life@NCTU

                                                                          My life at National Chiao Tung University(NCTU...